Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Bound for New Orleans - what's on your mind?

The closer it gets to leaving for our trip, the more excited I get. I'm filled with wonderment; I wonder what it will be like to live with 19 other people as we work, learn and make our contribution to the clean up efforts in New Orleans. I wonder what the accommadations will be like. I wonder how it will be to pack the vans and travel to a brand new place. I wonder what kinds of things I'll be doing to improve the living conditions and hopefully the lives of others.

But mostly, I find myself being inspired --- inspired by the 19 other students and faculty who will be sharing this journey with me. I am so inspired to read why we are going and what we want to learn -- and experience. Will it be tough at times? Probably. Will it be fun? probably. Will we bond as a team and strengthen our bond as our week continues? Probably. Will we encounter rough waters?.... arguments?...Probably. And yet knowing what I know about us and the faith I have in what Life has in store for us, I get goosepimples and tingles just thinking about the possibilities, the choices, the work, the love to be shared. We are in for a LARGE experience ---- Bring it on! mary b

5 comments:

Kim said...

This is going to be a great trip for all of us! I am looking forward to the opportunity to give to the community of Buras, LA!

Kim

Ellen said...

Sweet! You should send out invitations to us so that we can actually post to the blog not just leave comments.

I'm so excited about MONDAY!!!

Gwen said...

I will miss you all, but I know that this trip will enrich the lives of all who goes. Take along my well wishes and I will be with you in spirit and child (ha). This is a character building time and you are taking the challenge. God bless,

Gwen

Martha Deaton said...

Thanks for letting the "home team" in on your experience. I look forward to having a daily peek into your adventure. Best to all of you and my prayers and heartfelt thanks go with you.

Martha D.

Martha Edgemn said...

Aahh Mary & crew. Have a safe and awe-inspiring adventure. Thanks to each of you for what you will be creating in the Big Easy and for your contribution. I'll be thinking of you each day.

God speed,
martha e